My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Busy, busy

I've been busy keeping up with the kids as usual. Here are some recent pictures.
Isn't she cute?! This is the first time I did her hair in 2 pony tails. I still get a kick out of watching her walk around all over. I think that she thinks she's as big as the other kids now.
The kids had a literacy night at school where they got to display some things that they have been working on at school and there was a book fair in the library. Jacob got to show us all the habitats that the kids in his class made and the report he did at school on his ocean habitat. Maddy got to show us her Greek mosaic and a poem about a Hershey bar (mmmmm- I was mentioned in that poem. Do you think my kids know how much I LOVE chocolate? ;-) Here are the kids with Clifford who was roaming around greeting the kids.
Jacob got to show off his jump roping skills at the last school assembly. Our camera just does not take good pictures in gyms, so sorry the quality is not great. In the big rope he did regular jumps, frog jumps where you get really low and he tried to do push up jumps and almost did it. Those are really, really hard. Maddy can't even do those yet.
One of the girls on Bryson's baseball team owns a couple of horses and is related to the owners of an equestrian center. The team and their families got to go to the equestrian center and ride in a carriage pulled by a miniature horse, ride a horse, and feed carrots to ponies, donkeys, and horses. We also had a picnic. The kids got pretty dirty, but we all had a great time!

It's crazy to think that school is coming to an end. Next week is Bryson's last week of preschool. He has had such a great time and LOVES going to school. He's going to miss going twice a week and I'm going to miss grocery shopping and running errands with just Ally.
Jacob is still love, love, loving basketball. He'd play the whole game if the coach would let him. He made 4 baskets in both of the last 2 games. He's really getting quite good. Travis is excited that the boy's games don't overlap next Sat. and he'll actually get to see Jacob play!
Maddy's musical theater class is coming to an end as well. Next week is her last week too. Her piano teacher is taking the summer off, so this will be the last month for that as well.
You'd think with the kids activities coming to an end that I'd have more time on my hands this summer, but I'm not so sure. As soon as school gets out, swim team starts and then there's swim lessons for Bryson as well. At least that only takes up the morning and then we'll have the rest of day to melt, I mean to enjoy. ;-) We're also planning a trip to San Diego in June and then in July we'll go to my mom's, Travis' family reunion and his parents in a two week trip. So I think I'll probably stay just as busy, just doing different things. Isn't that how it goes when your a parent?

2 comments:

Miranda said...

Wow! You guys are busy! We forgot Musical Theatre class this week- bummer!

Kristen said...

Ally is SO CUTE!!! I love how the little ones think they are "big" like their older siblings, so cute!

I know..I can't believe that Summer is right around the corner.

It's neat that your kids are so involved in so many fun activities!