My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sad news

I went to the Dr. last Friday for a routine check up and discovered that we lost both babies. The Dr. could not find either baby's heart beat. Neither baby was moving and they were measuring several weeks too small.

This came as a complete shock since I had no indication that anything was wrong. I still feel tired, like I need to eat every couple of hours, smells still bother me, etc. I haven't had any cramping or spotting at all.

To lose the babies this far along is very hard. Brooke and Jason were so excited and so looking forward to the twins. They have already had so much heartache and struggle trying to expand their family that this seems completely unfair. I feel sad, confused, and disappointed and wish things were different, but they're not.

I want to thank everyone for all the love and support you have given me throughout all of this. I really have an amazing network of support and am truly grateful!

8 comments:

bluestocking mama said...

oh, no! i'm so, so sorry, dena, for their loss and for yours.

Jessica said...

oh Dena! I'm so sorry for you and for your SIL.

The Lemon Family said...

really sorry dena...wish there was something i could do for you

Tara H. said...

Oh Dena, I am so sorry. I meant to call you back on Friday, but I didn't. I am so sorry. Call me
xoxox

Julie said...

You are amazing Dena. I'm praying for your comfort and wish so bad that this did not happen. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Dena, I'm so sorry to hear the news. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry Dena.

The Kneeland Family said...

So sorry, I talked to your sister yesterday and she told me about it. You are such a trooper. Hang in there, I am praying for you!