My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, April 21, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame

Batter up!
All the kids are supposed to shout "Orioles" when they reach home plate, but Bryson is the only one who you can really hear. It's pretty cute. He always makes sure to stomp on the base and shouts "Orioles" as loud as he can, which is pretty loud!
Here Bryson is waiting in ready position as the other team hits. Being in this position is supposed to help the kids remember to watch the ball and be ready to go and get it.
As you can see from this picture, "ready position" doesn't always last with Bryson. There are always pictures in the dirt or little mounds of dirt around where he and several other kids are standing. It's pretty funny. Travis is trying to get another kid on Bryson's team to pay attention in this picture, so it's not just Bryson who has the short attention span.
I don't get to go to Bryson's games on Sat., because I'm at Jacob's basketball games, but he and Travis told me how good he did last Sat. He's watching the ball more and actually fielded 3 ground balls and almost tagged a runner with one of them. Travis said that they were both running faster than he'd ever seen them run. He also got a really good hit that made it to the pitcher's mound before it hit the ground. I wondered how much improvement there would be since they are just playing 2 games a week and not having any practices on top of that, but I guess just playing and getting pointers throughout the game is doing the trick. I am not worried about the improvement anyway, I just want him to have fun. It's just exciting to hear about how much fun he is having and how proud of himself he is.

No comments: