My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ally's birthday party

While we were visiting Travis' parents over spring break, we celebrated Ally's birthday. Since we're not that close to any family, it was fun to celebrate with them!
Here's a shot of her cake. It's the first cake that any of the kids have had that my mom or I didn't make. I thought it turned out pretty cute, but it always amazes me how expensive they are!
Make a wish! She actually blew out the candles!
Here Ally is holding up 2 fingers to show how old she is. We learned with Maddy that 2 yr. olds can't show 2 fingers on 1 hand very well at first. This is the easiest way for them to do it.
Here she is looking at the sounds and pop-up book that Maddy gave her.
Here are the cute outfits she got.
She loved the vacuum from Grandma and Grandpa! She still has fun with it. In fact when I was vacuuming yesterday, she followed me all around the house with her little vacuum. Too bad that cleaning enthusiasm doesn't last!
Now she has her very own jump rope and will quit taking the older kids'. She's really cute when she jump ropes. She holds the handles and moves her arms up and down and jumps a bunch of times. I tried to get it on video it, but kept missing it.
She also got a farm play-dough set. She loves play-dough!
Here she is in her new dress from Grandma on her actual birthday.
It's hard to believe she's already 2! It seems like she was just born - but on the other hand, I can hardly remember life without her. She is so cute and fun! We all love her so much!

7 comments:

Mikelle said...

She is so cute!!! I can't believe she doesn't look like a baby anymore!!

Kristen said...

She is so cute Dena!

I can't believe that Noah is turning one on Thursday! Where does the time go!?!?

bluestocking mama said...

what a cutie!!

Melinda said...

I love 2 year old parties. Her vacuum is so cute. Time flies too quickly...I guess that is why we need to remember to enjoy the journey!!

The Lemon Family said...

so cute...while mom and dad were still here we celebrated Alexander's early...as soon as we get our own computer back I will be able to post those pictures

Tara H. said...

Happy Birthday Ally!! You made out with a haul!! Such cute outfits and fun toys!
xoxox

Miranda said...

I can't believe she is 2 either! Happy Birthday Ally!