My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Missing friends

This has been the year of best friends moving away from us. :( All three of my kids lost their best friend. Good thing Ally doesn't have a best friend yet or they'd probably move too!
Maddy and Payton have been best friends since preschool 6 years ago! Here are a couple of pictures of them through the years. They look so little here! It was taken in Jan. 2005. (Obviously we didn't have as good of a camera back then!)
September 2006
September 2008
Payton moved the day after Halloween, so she got to come Trick-or-Treating with us and then had to move the next day. Maddy really misses her. At least they can call each other, play together on Webkinz and we'll get to visit her when we go to visit my mom this summer.
Jacob's best friend Kyle moved the day after Thanksgiving. He just lived down the street and they would play and ride bikes together all the time. Here they are at Jacob's birthday party in 2007.
They've even been in the same class at school for the last 2 years. Here they are on the first day this year.
They were also on the same soccer team. They sure had a good time! It was also great that Kyle's mom and I could carpool and didn't have to drive as much!
Halloween 2008
Bryson's best friend Jillian just moved. Unfortunately since he'd seen the other kids' best friends move, he knew what it meant. They were so cute together! They would hold hands while walking in the halls at church and loved to play together. They would totally look forward to seeing each other at the park at playgroup every Fri.! When ever you would take their picture, Bryson would automatically put his arm around her.
We will definitely keep in touch, so maybe Melinda and I will have to set them up when Bryson gets home from his mission. ;) They could use this picture along w/ their engagement photo! ;)



We sure miss our friends! Unfortunately, when the kids' best friends moved, their moms moved too and I lost 3 good friends as well! At least we can all keep in touch through blogging!

5 comments:

Megan Allen said...

The Hauck's moved!? oh sad!! I love them! Jillian and Bryson were my favorite in class together!! :)

Tara H. said...

So cute!! I love that your kids have such great friends. You took a lot of cute pictures too.
I loved how cute Bryson and Jillian were, ever since they first moved here, so cute!
xoxox

Melinda said...

This makes me cry. We are going to miss your family so much. I am sure Jillian will ask to play with Bryson soon. She probably doesn't get that we moved. We will come visit and get together.

bluestocking mama said...

what cute pics! we've usually been the friends who are moving. how sad for kids.

Miranda said...

OK- now I am crying! Those pictures are soo adorable! We miss you too and Payton always talks about when Maddy comes to visit- she wants a slumber party- I tell her we will do our best! Do you know when you will be comming this summer?