My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Meagan's big day

My niece Meagan got married July 2 and we were lucky enough to get to go. Since we don't live close to anyone, we don't always get to be there for these special days, but we were glad we could make it for this one.

Here is Meagan and her new husband Garrett.
Since I'm crazy about hair, I fixed Maddy's and her cousin Morgan's hair in the same fancy do. Maddy really, really wanted to match Morgan and I'm sure Morgan's mom was happy not to have to worry about one more thing that morning! It's a little busy being mother of the bride!!!
Here's a view from the back. They got lots of compliments. Here is where I got the idea from.
It was fun for the boys to have some of their older cousins around. Alan was tickling Jacob, Bryson and their other cousin Calvin. Got to do something to keep them entertained! ;)
Here is a picture of all my siblings, my niece and my mom.
Doug, Denise, Me, Megan, Dianne (mother of the bride), Dalynn and Donna (my mom)
Notice all of my siblings start w/ "D" - even my parents Denzel and Donna!
Meagan wanted a garden reception, but due to rain, we had to move it to the church. It still looked very garden like w/all the decorations we had for the outdoors. She wanted the reception to be very bright and fun. Her colors were hot pink w/ lime green, yellow, orange and bright blue.
This was my kids favorite part of the reception! I think they could have hung around this table all night! Lucky for them there was leftovers!
What cute boys!
What beautiful girls!
Remember what I said about her wanting a bright and fun reception. I think the cake fit the bill! Meagan absolutely loved it!
Bryson is my "huggy" boy. If you ever, and I mean ever, need a hug - just come on over. His big cousins loved all his hugs! Here is is w/ his cousin Emilee (Meagan's younger sister).
Bryson couldn't let Meagan go without one more big hug! She loved it!
It was so fun to get to see so many of my family and extended family members! Weddings really bring everyone out. It was a really fun day!

3 comments:

bluestocking mama said...

what?! meagan got married? how did she get so old when i haven't?! it's fun to see the pics of your family

Winnie said...

Who made that cake? It looks awesome. I love all the bright colors.

Kristen said...

Dena! what a fun fun post!!! i really enjoyed seeing all the pictures. What a beautiful bride but my favorite was seeing all of your sisters, brother, and Mom together!!