My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Fun

Happy Valentine's Day everyone ( a little late!)!
Don't the kid's look cute in their new Valentine shirts from Grandma and Grandpa! Travis's mom and dad always send the grandkids a new Valentine's Day shirt and some yummy treats. The kids always look forward to the package!
Here we are at Jacob's class party. He was soooo excited that Grandma was able to come too!
Here is Maddy at her party.
I took a picture of Maddy's teacher's "babysitter" (as she calls it) before we left. Maddy's teacher says "the kids are crazy anyway, at least this way, they stay somewhat calm while enjoying their goodies!" :-) I can't say that I blame her. The kids all seemed wrapped up in Finding Nemo. I had to pull Bryson away to go back to Jacob's class.
We hope you all had a great Valentine's Day too!
I've really enjoyed having my mom here. We've been really busy shopping for things to decorate my family room. We're making big progress now - I'll post pictures after we have the curtains done. It's hard to believe that my mom will be leaving this Thurs. It seemed like she'd be here for a long time and that we'd have soooo much time to do sooo much fun stuff, but time really flies! We'll just have to continue to make the most of the rest of the time she's here. We'll all be sad to see her leave. Not only is it fun with mom/grandma here, it's also a lot easier! :-) Two people cooking dinner is faster and easier than one, I have a grown up to talk to during the day, she helps with all the stuff that needs to be done like laundry, floors, kids etc., homework is easier because the kids can read to grandma while I help the other, and when I got a stomach bug last Fri., there was someone to take over while I spent most of my day in the bathroom or bed. Moms are the BEST!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wouldn't it be great for her to just move in! How nice to have her their and help out so much too!

the kids look so cute in their Valentines shirts. Sounds like they had fun at their class parties too:)

Can't wait to see pictures of the new living room!

Melissa said...

How nice to have the extra help. I love when my mom comes and gets everything caught up. We seriously have to get together again soon. My kids keep asking me when we are going to.

Jayne said...

so glad your mom could be with you these past two weeks, I know she has loved it too.

she'll be sad to leave

give her a hug from me
jayne