My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Good times with Grandma

We all had a great time having my mom visit. The kids played games, games, and more games with her. They read many a story to her. They showed off everything they made, did, or had. It's great to have someone around who thinks everything you do is the greatest! Here are some of the pictures of the fun we had.

Ally really is a cutie! She loved all the extra attention she got from Grandma too! Maddy has been waiting forever for grandma to be able to help her sew a fleece hat. Last year our stake did a "Fleece Help the Children" service project and sewed tons of fleece things. They had a pattern for a hat and Maddy wanted to make it sooooo bad. The directions were confusing for me; I am not a seemstress like my mom. She was THRILLED that grandma let her sew the straight seams. Can you see the ellation on her face?!

Here is the finished product. She loved it! She wore it everyday everywhere. (Notice she is wearing it at night in the pictures of us playing games!) One day she was walking home from the bus in a short sleeve shirt wearing her new fleece hat. :-)
It was beautiful park weather!
Jacob took a break long enough for a picture and that was about it. If you look closely, you can see Bryson's cute face peeking out of the tunnel window.
We all love Grandma!
I thought I needed a picture of my mom and I before she left.
Here are the kids with one last snuggle with Grandma! Of course there were several hugs and kisses at the airport too.
Thanks for the great visit mom!

I have a few more decorating things to finish up and then I can do a post of our newly decorated family room. Thanks to my mom I have a new window box and curtains behind the glass in the doors to the office. As you might remember from earlier in the post, I'm not the world's best seamstress! Thanks for all the help mom! We had a good time shopping for the room too.

4 comments:

Mikelle said...

How fun to have your mom there!! And I so miss that park and the great weather--we need some of that sunshine here!!

Jayne said...

how wonderful for your kids to be with your mom. she is a great lady.

show us your pictures of your new decorations!

Kristen said...

Oh I love seeing pictures of your Mom! Brings back fun memories, she is such a wonderful woman!! and so talented! I loved seeing her with Matty at the sewing maching!!

Yes, I can't wait to see your new curtains:)

Carolee said...

your mom is so talented in so many things. what a treat to have her come and help you with your projects.