My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Is it still winter?

It was the Mother / Son dance at Jacob's school on Friday night. The theme was Mardi Gras (hence the hats). We had a great time dancing and snacking the night away. Jacob is a very energetic boy and loves to dance. I'll have to take some video of the "dance parties" they have with their dad. He's a pretty crazy dancer sometimes. They usually have their dance parties when I'm gone to a meeting. That's dad's motivation to get them ready for bed quickly, so they'll have more time to dance and be crazy.
We've been unseasonably warm all week and Saturday was last day we were supposed to be in the 80s, so I thought I'd let the kids really enjoy it. Can you believe it's the first day of March and my kids are running around in the sprinklers?! They had a great time!


Can you count the ribs on Jacob? I swear that boy doesn't eat enough to stay alive, let alone run around with the amount of energy he has. We are always trying to get him to eat more. How would that be, to have someone trying to make you eat more so that you wouldn't be too skinny?!!

Ally had her own adventures on Saturday. She started out her day smacking her head on the tile because her jammies were kind of slippery. Can you see the big bruise on the left side of her head? After I forced her to let me hold her with some ice on the goose egg for about 10 mins, she bumped the right side of her forehead! At least it wasn't as hard and didn't swell up or bruise as bad. She is definitely entering the "school of hard knocks". There will be plenty more bruises as she gets more brave and starts walking. What can you do? They all go through it. Ally loves to try to grab the water when it's coming out of the faucet. You can tell she's confused by being able to see the water come out, but not be able to grab it. It's pretty funny.


There's been a lot of sickness going around here. I thought Jacob had the flu on Wed. He came home from school feeling sick and threw up as soon as we got to Activity Days for Maddy where the girls were putting on a carnival for the nursery kids and their little brothers and sisters. Luckily I had grabbed a bucket before we left! I had to leave Bryson and Maddy at the little carnival and bring Jacob home. He never threw up again, didn't have a fever or any other symptoms so I sent him to school the next day. I got a phone call from school about 20 mins. before school let out from the nurse saying Jacob's stomach was hurting, but that he didn't have a fever. I picked him up and realized that he has P.E. in the afternoon and it was after that he started feeling sick. I think he just wasn't drinking enough with the warm afternoons and over exertion. I think the bus ride home pushed him over the edge on Wed. because he does get car sick. At least it wasn't the flu and won't spread to the other kids!!!


I woke up with a cold on Thurs. I swear I can't have a house w/o at least
one person sick for more than a day. At least it hasn't amounted to much, just congestion and sinus pressure. Nothing to keep me home from church or from giving my Relief Society lesson today. Darn! ;-) My lesson went OK. I don't know why I always stress about my lessons. They only have to be about 15 mins. long so that we have time for testimonies, but I still get nervous. At least I won't have to teach again for a while! (I guess that is unless one of the teachers can't teach last min., that has happened before.)

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

keI am so jealous of that sunshine!!! And your dance with Jacob looks so cute, and good luck with all that sickness--we have that same issue!!

Kristen said...

The picture of you and Jacob is so cute! ALL the pictures were fun to see:)