My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Flat Children

At school, Jacob's class read Flat Stanley. It is a book about a boy who became flat when a bulletin board fell on him. He has some interesting adventures since he's flat - his parents mail him somewhere for a vacation, etc. Each kid made a flat version of themselves to take around on spring break. Here is Jacob with "Flat Jacob" at the doctor's office Monday when we were getting Ally's ears checked.

Maddy couldn't stand to have Jacob doing something w/o her, especially since it involved pictures, so she made a "Flat Maddy" that started going around with us on Tues. Here they were at the park.

Since both other kids had a flat self, Bryson thought he needed one too. So on Wed., he made "Flat Bryson" and all 3 of my "flat children" accompanied us to the petting zoo.

The kids and the flat kids look very tiny compared to the Ostriches and Emu. You can see how BIG ostrich eggs really are in this picture. They say 1 ostrich egg is about the same as 2 doz. chicken eggs!

I meant to bring my flat children with us to the mall on Thurs. so they could play on the toys after my 3-D children got their pictures taken, but I forgot them, I mean I chose to let them stay home. ;-) The funny thing was that Jacob's teacher was getting her kid's pictures taken right before us and we couldn't even show her Flat Jacob's brother and sister. Oh well.
On Friday my flat kids chose to relax by the pool while the other kids swam their hearts out.
The kids all played basketball with their dad after dinner. I think Flat Jacob is goal tending. He had better watch out or Jacob will dunk on him!
On Sat. Flat Jacob enjoyed the town Easter egg hunt.
Here is Jacob taking Flat Jacob for a bike ride.
I think that ALL my children, flat and otherwise, had a fun spring break!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

A fun idea! The flat children are cute, but not nearly as cute (or smart or talented) as the 3-D versions!!