My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day

For kids St. Patrick's Day is a big deal. My kids obsessed this morning about wearing the most amount of green they possibly could. We had to take Ally to the Dr. this morning because she woke up w/ a 102 degree fever - yep another ear infection! Ay-yi-yi, it may be another long night! Anyway, the Dr. was not wearing green and leave it to Jacob to go right up and pinch her! Maddy was kind enough to give her one of her stickers so she wouldn't get pinched throughout the day and then the nurses gave her another since she'd already been pinched. My kids follow the rules of St. Patrick's day strictly, just not any other rules that I feel are important. At dinner the kids asked Travis if anyone at work wasn't wearing green. He said that he was the only one wearing green, no one else. The kids' eyes lit up and they asked, "Did you get to pinch your boss?!" St. Patrick's day just isn't the same as seen through the eyes of an adult.

To have some fun with the day, we had green eggs and pancakes for dinner tonight. I do that for breakfast sometimes on St. Patrick's day, but I thought they'd enjoy it for dinner more. They all love to have breakfast for dinner, but Bryson especially loves it because I let them drink orange juice instead of milk. He is not a milk drinker. Here's a picture of our green dinner. It kind of felt like I was making play dough pancakes, but they taste regular.


Even Ally really liked the green eggs, which is a really big deal right now because since she's been sick, she pretty much won't eat anything anymore. She used to LOVE bananas, now she just makes a mess with them or anything else we try to feed her. I'm thrilled that she'll eat anything besides Saltines right now. At least she was nursing extra before, but today she won't even do that. I think her ear is really bothering her. She may just ween herself this week. We'll see.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

What a fun day!! I had intentions of doing something fun like that for the kids...maybe next year :)

kate did pinch me though because I wasn't wearing green, she thought that was pretty funny.

Hope Ally gets better soon and you get some sleep!

Jayne said...

great fun for your family.

you're kids are really cute.

melissa says she might come down your way

Mikelle said...

That's too funny, we had green pancakes too!

Carolee said...

We used to have corned beef and cabbage. I like your tradition of green eggs and pancakes much better, sorry mom!!

Miranda said...

OK- Who's the best Mom in the WORLD??? Youu don't have to rub it in Dena! All we did was claim our green eyes kept the "pinch" away!!