My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Beach

We spent Monday at Moonlight Beach. The kids had so much fun they didn't want to leave! Well, everyone but Allyson wanted to stay. She thought the ocean was a little scary and didn't really care for the sand much either - plus she didn't get much nap on my shoulder.


Here are a few pictures of Maddy and Jacob enjoying the waves.

Bryson wasn't quite sure about the waves by himself. By the end he was much more brave.

Ally spent most of her time in my arms. She felt pretty safe there, as long as I didn't go too deep into the ocean. If we were over the rough water she still got nervous.
She didn't mind the packed down wet sand. So here she is "helping" build a sandcastle.
This picture shows that she really didn't enjoy all of the beach. I think the water came too close here.The beach we went to was very family oriented. There was no surfing where we were and there was a little park at the top of the beach. Here Bryson is riding the dolphin when he was playing on the toys while Maddy and Jacob were body surfing.


The waves stared coming up higher, so I had to take a picture before the sandcastle got washed away. The 2 little front towers are already almost gone.

I had told Maddy that I used catch sand crabs when I would come to the beach as a teenager and she was determined to catch one. I used to catch them by watching for a little bubble trail in the sand as the water was receeding after a wave, but I couldn't find any. We saw another girl showing someone how to catch them by digging your hands into the sand blocking the receeding sand as the water pulled back out into the ocean. Pay dirt! Maddy must have caught at least 20 crabs by herself including this huge one! It is the biggest one that I have ever seen. She was very proud!



Here is Jacob holding Maddy's huge sandcrab. He caught one almost as big a little later. (I'm not sure what Bryson is doing in the background.)

Bryson had a hard time catching the sand crabs in the ocean, so he caught them in the bucket. Luckily this made him just as happy!

Here is our bucket full of sand crabs. There are tons more burried in the sand. We probably had 30 or more sand crabs in there. Our kids were the hit of the beach and were teaching tons of kids how to catch them before we left.

It was a really fun day at the beach. Too bad we don't live closer to 0ne. Maybe we'll have to make visiting the beach more of a priority. You don't have to buy tickets to get in and the kids had a blast!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Looks like so much fun - and Ally's little swimsuit is so cute! She was stylin' even if she didn't care for the sand and water.