My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, June 16, 2008

My boys are sleepin' with the fishes

Bryson did not have a bedspread, so the boys have just had white blankets on their beds. I asked them what they wanted for their beds and they decided on sharks. I searched the whole Internet and there are no shark bedspreads under $130, but they thought ocean bedspreads with fish, dolphins and killer whales would be pretty great. I finally ordered them and they arrived while the boys were at a friends house. Maddy and I hurried to put the comforters on before they got home and Maddy even made a "surprise" sign. Here they are seeing their surprise for the first time.

The boys are holding a coloring page that came w/ the bedding since the brand is Crayola. Who knew they made more than just crayons! I'll have to take more pictures later when their room is redone. We did get the curtains up on Sat., but I still need to paint. Right now the room is painted like a sky and clouds don't really belong in the Ocean. Maybe we'll find something really cool for their room when we go to Sea World next week.

3 comments:

Trisha said...

that's funny, Chase has had a real Shark thing going on for awhile, too. He wanted a Shark birthday party, which was also hard to find. Retailers should get a clue and get on the Shark bandwagon! The bedspreads look cute. Tanner has an ocean theme bedroom and we painted it kind of a aqua/green color. Very soothing. I sent you an e-mail awhile ago asking about your hamster/gerbil and if you liked it. You can send a response to my e-mail when you get a chance. We are looking forward to seeing you guys this summer. Jenna asks all the time when she is going to get to see Maddy. Are you guys going to Mom and Dad's? When? This is a really long comment, so I'm going to go.

Mom and Dad said...

Love the new bedspreads.

Kristen said...

Oh I love the new bed spreads...and the bunk beds too!
How fun to surprise them like that :)