My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Wii bit of fun!

Everyone had a lot of fun with our new Wii. Here are Maddy and Jacob concentrating on one of the new games.
Ally isn't quite ready for the Wii, but she sure loves the new kitchen that Santa left her. She was always pulling whoever wasn't playing the Wii into the other room to play with her. She kept pretending to shake a little packet of pop rocks into a pan. The packet made noise when she shook it, so it was almost like baking. She also loves to make the stove make bubbling noises. She acts surprised every time she pushes the button.
Ally also found that she could get into the kids new toys while they were distracted by the Wii. Here she is listening to Jacob's new Transformers radio. It cracks me up that she even knows to put the ear buds in. She is very observant!
The very first time the kids and Travis bowled, Bryson smoked everyone, even with his unconventional just run up and swing your arm bowling style. It just killed grandpa to watch him swing crazy and keep getting strikes and spares! How do you like the Mii Bryson created. Looks just like him don't you think? ;-)
Here is Jacob when he got his first win in bowling. He also bowls pretty crazy with a hop throw and does well every time. His Mii is also a spitting image of himself, right?!
The first time they golfed, Maddy won. She even beat her grandpa who is a pretty good golfer in the real world. Her Mii actually does look like the real Maddy.
Travis's mom, Maddy, myself and Travis bowled Christmas night. His mom and I didn't have our own Miis so we used the boys. She got the high score and no one could top her score for a long time. Maddy did excellent as well. I came in third with the highest score I've ever gotten. I guess it was beginners luck. In any case, I Wii bowl better than I really bowl. Pretty fun!
Grandpa won a game too. He got an excellent score as well, but not the highest. ;-)
Travis couldn't stand not to be able to bowl well consistently. He finally figured out how to make his ball spin and to do what he wanted and broke his mom's record of 199. Only Bryson was here to take his picture for him. Pretty good shot Bryson!
I had to laugh when I saw Travis playing tennis with Ally's "help". She does love her daddy and wanted to be right there with him. The really sad thing is that he can play tennis sitting down with Ally on his lap better than I can all by myself with no distractions.
Thanks for the Wii Santa. I'm sure we'll have a lot of fun times using it!

1 comment:

Megan Allen said...

haha I love your kids! haha tell them that I bowl like real life too! I get so into it!! Oh, and tell Bryson I missed him last Sunday!!