My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dirty Laundry

So the boys have been leaving their dirty clothes all over the floor. I tried only washing the clothes that were in the hamper, but they'd just clean up the clothes about once a week and still have clothes to wear. It didn't get them to put their clothes in the hamper.

Attempt # 2 - I started taking away all the clothes I found on the floor each night. Today Jacob ran out of shorts and it's supposed to be getting into the 90s over the next few days. I've told them I was doing this and that they won't get their clothes back until the next washing day after they start putting their dirty clothes away.
This is the amount of clothing that I've collected over the past week. Needless to say, not many of their clothes has actually made it to the hamper!
So which do you think will happen first: (1) the boys will completely run out of clothes or (2) they will finally start putting the few remaining articles of clothing into the hamper. I guess only time will tell.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

I am so glad that we are not the only family that has this problem!!! Yesterday I did 5 loads of laundry--including clean clothes that my kids just threw into the hamper to avoid hanging them up!! Good luck!

Melinda said...

This makes me laugh. I hate when kids put clean clothes on the floor or in the dirty clothes. I guess they will understand when they have to do laundry. When is that???