My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bryson's special day

Last year Travis took all the kids out to have a "special day". We decided to keep doing this and to have him do even years and me do odd years.
Bryson decided that he wanted to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D for his special day, so on Sat. we had a date. He was sooooo cute. Once I told him it was a date, he got all dressed up and wanted me to wear a skirt too. Here we are before we left.
Bryson LOVED the movie and thought that seeing it in 3D was awesome! He ate almost a whole a bucket of pop corn, which was special becuase we rarely go to the movies, let alone get treats!
After the movie, we got slushy drinks and got a pizza to eat in the park.
Bryson wanted to show off some of the fun things he does at the park when his school class goes there.

Our community was also having a concert in the park, so there was some extra entertainment - including a balloon lady. Bryson is posing with his new tiger after a FUN date!
What a fun day!

4 comments:

Winnie said...

That's such a great idea. Looks like you guys had a blast. I need to do that with my kids.

Melinda said...

Oh, this makes me miss you guys soooo much. Bryson is so cute. I miss him too. You are such a good mom. I love all of your ideas. Keep sharing them since I miss out on all the park talk.

Carolee said...

We just started "date night" with our kids. It is so much fun and the one on one time is priceless:)

Andrea said...

Wow what a totally fun date! You guys did it all. Once I took Porter to Peter Piper Pizza on a date and I just loved observing how special it made him feel. Great post!