My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Maddy's birthday - part 1

I can't believe that Maddy is 10 already! Where does the time go?!
Here Maddy is before she left for school on her birthday.
My sister-in-law told me about a blog with tons of really neat hair-dos for girls. It's http://piggiesnponies.blogspot.com/ . Here is a picture of the back of her hair so you can get the full effect. I also tried another really fun one a couple of days later for picture day, but neglected to take a picture w/ my own camera.
Maddy chose to go to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. She loves that she can order breakfast and especially that you can get fresh fruit (her favorite thing) as a side. Here she is enjoying her worms and dirt after dinner. Yummy! They come standard w/ the kids meals, but Maddy ended up with 2 since the waitress forgot to put a candle in the first one. She was excited to get one to take home too!
After dinner we came home to open presents.
Thanks Grandma W. for the Alice doll and cute shirt! Maddy was surprised that it could play music and was thrilled it was Fur Elise since she can play that on the piano. She didn't notice for a long time that her head moved when the music played. She thought that was pretty neat. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa M. for the shirts and money. She can't decide what to spend it on yet!
Jacob got her a monkey webkinz, Bryson got her a fish webkinz, and Ally got her some new headphones since her other ones got stepped on. Travis and I really surprised her with our gift. I wrapped up some earrings and then put them in a really big gift bag. She was surprised to find a little wrapped box inside and even more surprised to find out it was earrings since we had originally decided she had to be 12 to get her ears pierced. Ear piercing was part of the gift. She was pretty excited!
Maddy chose peach pie for dessert on her birthday, but we were all so full from dinner, that we ended up doing the pie the next day.
Maddy had a really fun birthday. Next came the party ... stay tuned.

3 comments:

Tara H. said...

Happy Birthday Maddy. It looks like it was a great birthday all around!! Her hair is Awesome!! Thanks for the cool hair link, I will be checking it out!

bluestocking mama said...

wow! looks fun! i can't believe she's already so grown-up.

Kristen said...

Happy Birthday Maddy! She is such a cute girl!
Great job on her braids...it reminded me of when I would have your Mom french braid my hair before school sometimes:)