My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fun hair and first day

Like I mentioned in a previous post, my sister-in-law told me about a fun blog for hair. I have since found a couple of others that I like and have been having a lot of fun fixing Maddy's hair. I love that the hairstyles look fancy, but the ones that I've done are really easy and not too time consuming. We fix it for church every Sunday and when we have time before school. I have found that if I fix her hair while she's practicing the piano in the morning, we kill 2 birds w/ 1 stone and usually have time to get something done.

Here Maddy is before church last Sunday.

This was for school 1 day. The best part about this one is that if she sleeps in the braids, it makes a really cute wavy hairdo the next day.

I did matching hair-dos for Maddy and Ally one day.
I've been hesitant to do much with Ally's hair since she is ALWAYS playing with it. I definitely can not put bows or barrettes of any kind in. She did good with this hair-do though. As long as she can reach some to twirl, she's OK. The right pony did end up more sideways than the left after a little while, but it stayed in good all day.
Like I said, she is ALWAYS playing with her hair.
Here is Maddy for church today.

Everyone has been OOOOing and Ahhing over Maddy's hair at church. A couple of people wanted me to send them the links to the blogs that I've been looking at, so here they are.
http://piggiesnponies.blogspot.com/
http://cute2tryhairdos.blogspot.com/
http://babesinhairland.blogspot.com/

I fixed Ally's hair in cute pony's today too. I did them from the bottom up, but didn't like the pony tails so far front, so at church I fixed them to the middle ponys. She was not cooperative this morning, so I don't have any cute pictures of it. The first picture is before we left. Notice that the right pony is already getting pulled lower than the other one.Here she is after church and a really short nap.
Today was an EXCITING day for Travis and I at church. It was Ally's first day in nursery! YAY! I can actually go to Sunday School now and Travis can go to Elder's quorum! I was a little nervous because she had a rough morning and cried most of it. She did GREAT though! Travis took her in and she couldn't have cared less where he was, so he just left. Other parents were amazed and jealous that dropping her off was so easy. When I went to get her, she didn't even care. She was dancing around the room as a mom in there was singing. I am sooooo happy that she's so happy to be there. It's better for all of us! Thanks nursery leaders!

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Super CUTE! I'm gonna try!

Mikelle said...

So fun and so jealous--I wish my girls would let me do that!!

Trisha said...

I'm so glad you can use the hair do blogs. I have also looked at the cute2tryhairdos one. It's fun and the girls love having fancy hairdos.

Tara H. said...

Yeah for cute hair, and yeah for girls that let us do it!
Every hairdo looks awesome!!