My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A taste of Winter

The kids and I went to visit my mom over their fall break from school. Surprisingly, we got a snow storm while we were there. The calendar said October, but it sure felt like winter. I don't think the trees were ready for the snow either!

The older kids thought is was WONDERFUL and couldn't get enough.
Jacob started to make a little snowman, but lost interest and wanted to just run around and throw it.
Do you like Bryson's Dora boots that were left at Grandma's from one of his girl cousins. At least his feet stayed dry, which is more than I can say for Maddy's and Jacob's.
Ally wasn't really sure what to think of the snow. She LOVES to be outside, and didn't want to come in. In fact when I tried to bring her in several times she said, "NO!" and shoved the door closed. Even though she wanted to stay outside, she didn't want to venture onto the snow either.
Here she is crying because I put her on the snow to show her it would be OK. Apparently she didn't agree.
Here is Maddy's little snowman, Bobby Bill. (The opposite of Billy Bob.) She got pretty creative and used dead flowers for his eyes. They look great here, but .....
He started to look pretty sad as the weather warmed back up to where it should be this time of year.
What a fun taste of winter for us!

1 comment:

Mom and Dad said...

Snow IS a lot more fun when you don't have to live with it for 6 months!! It looks like the kids had fun. Poor Ally - she's a warm climate girl!