My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday, Byrson's preschool took a field trip to a pumpkin patch. Here is a taste of the fun.

These are a couple of Bryson's friends from church and school. They enjoyed the horse and wagon ride. It was definitely Ally's favorite part. She kept saying "horsie" and "neigh" and loved all the bumps along the way. The bouncier it was, the more giggles and smiles I got from her.
Here is Bryson after he found the perfect pumpkin. Maddy had requested that I bring her home a white pumpkin and Jacob had a requested a green pumpkin w/a long stem. On the way to the pumpkin patch, Bryson asked if there were any red pumpkins. I told him no. Then when we were riding the wagon past several fields, I noticed that there were some red/orange pumpkins. He was thrilled w/ his almost red pumpkin, can't you tell! Leave it to my kids to want anything but the ordinary pumpkins.
When you see Bryson's pumpkin right next to the regular orange pumpkins, you can really tell how much darker it is.
Ally wasn't so sure about being put down in the pumpkin patch. She didn't mind the paths too much. Bryson is pretty sweet w/her. That is when he's not smothering her too much.
Here we all are waiting for the horse and wagon to pick us up.
Unfortunately, when we got back to where we started, Bryson dropped his pumpkin and cracked it open. Fortunately, they let us run over to the closest field and pick another one. The one we ended up w/ was the same type of pumpkin - just a little bigger and didn't have a stem. It was too heavy for him to carry by himself, so my friend had to help us out. We were in a hurry and couldn't find another almost red one that he could carry. Carrying Ally and the other 2 pumpkins was all I could do. Finding a green pumpkin w/ a stem ended up being a little more challenging that I thought and I ended up w/a bigger pumpkin than I normally would have gotten. It was pretty heavy and I couldn't even zip up the backpack that I brought all the way w/ both pumpkins inside. It was all worth it though to see how happy they all were with their perfect pumpkins. "Just like they imagined" they said!

2 comments:

Tara H. said...

So cute! You are a good mom to go with them. We didn't go when the three year olds went on Mon. But we had already been, so I didn't feel to bad.
Way to find the perfect pumkins!

Mom and Dad said...

Good job, finding all the "perfect pumpkins"!