My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Friday, December 12, 2008

Major catch up

It's been forever since I last posted and so much has happened. I guess I need to be more diligent about downloading the pictures from the camera so that I'll post more often even when it's busy. I keep thinking, oh I don't have enough time right now, and then I never do it. Here's a quick run down of all that's been going on at our house for the last few weeks.

Jacob got to show off his awesome jump roping skills at a school assembly. It was also Pajama day, so he wore his pajamas to school and put on his jump rope shirt for the assembly.
Here is Bryson watching the assembly with his Dad. I just thought it was a cute picture.
The soccer season came to an end. Here are the boys after soccerfest with their trophies. Someone on Bryson's team brought green hair paint for the player's hair and he's got a bit of his cupcake on him. I guess you can tell they had a good time!

I helped throw a goodbye / baby shower for a neighbor from our ward who just moved. After having 4 boys she was finally having a girl and we were all too excited for her to let her move without a shower. In their family we lost Jacob's best friend, Bryson's good friend, Maddy's ballroom dance partner and a great friend for me to trade babysitting with. Here is a picture of the cake I made for her shower. I never do as good as my mom, but for my level of talent, I think it turned out really good. Thanks for all the pointers mom!
We also had a ward Christmas party last Fri. Santa even made it to our party. How lucky are we?! Ally likes to look at Santa and say "Santa, Santa", but when Travis tried to put her on his lap she freaked out - hence the red eyes and sad face in the picture. I think for this year we'll just appreciate Santa at a distance.
This past Wed. Maddy had a Christmas concert at school. She LOVES to sing and to perform. They all did a great job.
Well, I think that about catches you all up on our goings on. We also finally completed our master bathroom remodel, but I'll do that on a separate post so I can show before and after pictures. The time I allotted myself to blog is up, so I'll have to post the remodel later.
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Mikelle said...

So fun and Tiffany's cake looks great!!

Tara H. said...

So many fun things going on. I think the jump rope club at the school is such a fun idea. And the picture with Travis and Bryson was VERY cute!
I also smell a YW acitivty with cake decorating :) The cake is so awesome. I was sad I had to miss the shower.
Thanks for all your support in YW, you are going to be a great addition for the girls.
xoxo

Dena said...

I should have pointed out that I can not make the roses on the cake. My mom had made them out of Royal icing a long time ago and I just stuck them on and pulled them off before we ate the cake.