My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, November 17, 2008

You should always be prepared!

I found out on Sunday that you should ALWAYS be prepared, and it doesn't hurt to follow the promptings of the spirit either. ;-)

I'm the Education counselor in Relief Society, which means that I'm over the teachers and music. I know I should ALWAYS read the lessons ahead of time and really try to remember. I skimmed over it on Sat. night, but nothing in depth. During sacrament the teacher for that day was released and called to Primary. I got nervous and asked her after sacrament if she was still teaching. She looked at me wide-eyed and surprised and said, "No, I was released." Apparently, the bishopric member who released her told her not to worry about teaching yesterday. That would have been fine if he had told me or the RS president so that we could have gotten a substitute!!! Great! Guess who gets to cover things like that? Yep, it's me!!! So, off to my car during Sunday School for a quick lesson preparation before RS. Fortunately it was a lesson from the Joseph Smith manual where there are study/teaching questions at the end of each lesson.

The lesson went fine and everyone was sooo good to participate. I am soooooo glad that it is over! Now I know that if I have any question about the lesson, I'm going to call the teacher and double check things. Also, if the spirit is nagging at me to read the lesson, I ought to read it more thoroughly and definitely call the teacher!

It's also my turn to teach Dec. 7, so unfortunately for the sisters, they get me again in just a couple of weeks. Oh well. Hopefully it will be another 3 months before I have to teach again!

4 comments:

Nicolds6 said...

I'm soooo sorry!! You did an amazing job!!! You rock!!

Jayne said...

boy, that is tough, dang those men for forgetting to tell us women important things!


I think I would have wanted to ask the counselor to come in and teach the lesson! that would teach him

Kristen said...

oh I would have died..but sounds like it ended up well after all.
RS teacher was my hardest calling :)

Tara H. said...

I am sorry you had to teach at the last minute. But I know you did awesome! And just think, now you don't have to teach on the 7th :) Welcome to YW!!! I am so excited!
xoxo