My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, November 3, 2008

The BIG Night!

I always try to make sure that kids actually eat their dinner before they start shoveling in the candy. This year I tried "worms on buns".
They were a hit, especially with Ally!
It was hard to get anyone to hold still and look at the camera to get their picture. This was the best I could get before they all left.
Ally went to a couple of houses with the kids, but mostly just hung around with me passing out the candy - or should I say sampling the candy.
She also enjoyed playing peek-a-boo with me from behind the wall.
Here is our crew after their buckets became too HEAVY to carry. Apparently Bryson even talked Payton and Maddy into carrying his bucket towards the end. Travis's rule is that he won't carry your bucket, if it gets too heavy, it's time to go home.
Halloween was bitter-sweet for Maddy. Payton, her best friend since preschool, was moving the next morning. Payton got to come Trick-or-Treating with us, so at least they got to spend every last minute that they could together. We'll miss you Payton. Fortunately she's moving close to my sister, so we'll be able to visit her in the summer.
Halloween was exceptionally warm this year and Jacob and Ally had hoods on their sweatshirts and Bryson had that HUGE head on his costume. When I went to pick him up from preschool, he was just in his regular clothes and said he had gotten too hot to keep his costume on. This was how sweaty he got walking around outside on Halloween night. It looked like he had just gotten out of the tub. Poor guy.
Well, all the kids made a haul. Lucky for me, our dentist will give the kids a dollar for every pound of candy that they bring in to him on Friday afternoon. He mails the candy he collects to the troops abroad. My kids will even part w/ candy for money and are actually looking forward to turning in part of their loot. Me too! None of my kids have a huge sweet tooth like me, so I usually end up throwing away at least half of their candy anyway. At least this way it's not around tempting me!

5 comments:

Mikelle said...

super fun dinner idea!! Your kids look great!

Mom and Dad said...

Clever dinner idea - and great costumes. Ally was especially cute!

The Lemon Family said...

crazy how warm it was we had alex in his pumpkin fleece hoody and shorts no socks or shoes(he was in the stroller)..yet are friends in alaska were bundled up and cold

bluestocking mama said...

love the pics! i tried to get meg to do a bat costume like that . . .

Miranda said...

Thanks again for letting Payton come with you guys. She misses Maddy so much! We miss you all! So, what exactly were the "worms" made of on the buns?