My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Bryson!!!!

Happy Birthday Bryson!!!!

Today Bryson turned 4! It's hard to believe that he's that old. He is such a funny and energetic boy! He makes me smile and laugh several times a day. I'm so happy to have him in our family!

Bryson's goal in life is to turn 5 so that he'll be big enough to ride the bus like Jacob and Maddy. He just turned 4 today and he's already saying, "I'm almost 5!"

We had a little birthday party this morning with a few of his friends. I love that even in January we were able to play games outside! First, the kids decorated goodie bags with foam dinosaurs. Next came pin the spike on the dinosaur's tail. Then we went outside to find eggs that dinosaurs hid in our yard. Then the kids did a relay carrying a dinosaur egg on a spoon wearing big foam dinosaur feet. Next they got to dig for dinosaur bones buried in our sandbox. Then we came in for cake and ice cream. Bryson made it easy on me - he wanted cup cakes with little dinosaurs on top. After presents, we had a pinata. I think all the kids had a good time. At least Bryson did, and that was what was most important.

Here he is waiting for his party to start. He was so excited. He and Jacob were watching out the front window and ran out to meet the first guests before they even got out of their cars!
They had a great time decorating their bags!
It takes so much concentration to keep that egg on the spoon! :-)
They all started out together digging for bones. Soon they were spread out and had fun finding what the dinosaurs had buried!
I hope his wish comes true! What a fun day!
We're going to open all his family presents after dinner. He chose pizza - once again making it easy for me! I'll post more pics later.

2 comments:

Mikelle said...

Happy Birthday--that party looks so fun and Bryson looks so old!!!

Kristen said...

I love that age! Looks like it was a fun party!
Happy Birthday Bryson!!