My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Deep cleaning

Yesterday I thought I'd clean off the messiest shelf in the pantry (kid's snacks) while Ally was asleep. Her naps have been pretty short lately, so I didn't think I'd get to much more than that. Well, she kept sleeping, so I kept cleaning. Pretty soon the whole pantry was clean! YAY! Last Mon. when the kids were home from school the boys and I went through all their toys, threw a lot of junk away, bagged up a bunch to donate and then put everything away where it actually goes. Maddy and I went through her dresser shelves and did the same - toss, donate, clean. I also went through all the baby clothes that Ally has out grown and Bryson's too small clothes and got a bunch to donate as well. It feels soooo good to be able to get rid of all the excess. It's hard to play if you can't find your toys through the junk! Hopefully it will be easier to keep cleaned up as well.


Poor Ally! Just when I thought she was getting better, she got something else! Her long nap on Mon. lulled me into a false hope that her good sleeping habits would be coming back soon. Not to be. She threw up twice last night and woke up several other times just not feeling well. She threw up again this afternoon, but I'm hoping that was it. I'd much rather deal w/ throw up in the day, but it always seems to happen at night. I wasn't nearly as productive today with a sick baby and both of us being exhausted. Oh well, at least the pantry is still clean. :-)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Good job on organizing your pantry! That is the best feeling, then to go through the kids closets too, nothing better!

Sorry to hear your little one is sick again, hope she gets better soon!

Carolee said...

I still remember how organized and clean your parents house was groing up. I am sure your house is just the same and boy do I wish I had that "talent".

Mikelle said...

I love my house when it is organized!! It's always great when it's finished, good luck and I hope I pick up some of your motivation!!