My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Zoo with friends

Yesterday I drove up to see my friend Melissa and to go to the zoo with them. It's probably been around 10 years since we've actually seen each other! When I got to her house, her parents were getting ready to leave after having been there for New Year's. I almost felt like a teenager again getting to see all of them - but then who are all these kids and why do they keep calling us mom?!?!

Here the kids are at "Stingray Bay" where they get to pet stingrays and sharks. They were all bent over up to their shoulders in the water until we finally made them leave. Bridget wasn't sure she wanted to feel the slimy stingrays at first, so she's in the background. My kids had a wet sleeve for most of the rest of the day - good thing the weather was nice!

This is what they concentrating so hard on petting. Poor Bryson had a hard time since his arms were so short. He finally touched one that flapped it's fins up at just the right time on his hand. He was thrilled!

Maddy was trying her darnedest to reach the shark, but they are nocturnal and just wanted to sleep right at the bottom of the side. She just didn't have arms long enough - though her wet sweater proved that she really, really tried.
Here is a cute one of Bridget, Bryson, Jacob, Hannah, Emily, and Maddy with the zebras.
My kids love getting to be so close to the little monkeys. We got to go into a big enclosure to see them up close - no cages, unless you count the one we were in! We were warned not to touch anything, because the monkeys like to "mark" their territory with urine - so basically everything! The girls were extremely careful not to touch the chains. They did have sinks and sanitizer before you leave - thank goodness!
I always feel bad that I miss pictures of Ally at places like this. She is such a good baby and just enjoyed all the kids and being outside. Here she finally crashed in the late afternoon after no naps all day. Everyone wanted to pose on the turtle outside of the zoo before we left. The older girls wanted one of just them, but Briget didn't want to be left out of a picture - and who could blame her!
Bryson is pouting because Jacob wouldn't let him sit on the turtle's head for the picture. Jacob is so happy because he finally got Bryson off of the head. I guess you just can't please everyone!Here are all the kids, excluding Tessa and Ally - they got the short end of the stick when it came to pictures.
Thanks Melissa for inviting us to go to the zoo with you guys! It was so fun! My kids and I had such a good time. The kids were really sad to leave. I promised that we'd see you all again, but Maddy was afraid it would be another 10 years! I told her that since we live closer now it would be much sooner than that! Let me know if any of your family come to visit and I'ld love to come up and see them too. We should get together every once in a while anyway - my kids and I would love it! Bryson has already asked to have Bridget come over and play. :-) I meant to have Maddy take a picture of Melissa and I, but forgot, so next time I'll be sure get one of the 2 of us! Anytime you want to come down this way, we'd love to have you!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm so glad you met up with Melissa! We went with her to the zoo while we were there in Nov. It was so fun!

Now I need to try and think of something fun for the kids today. We haven't done anything really this whole vacation and I'm not staying home another day :) haha

Kalli Monroe said...

What a blast! Looks like u guys had a great time!

Jayne said...

it was so good to see you Dena,


you have beautiful children, I'm really happy for you. so glad you came up to Mesa, to be with Melissa, that will be fun to gether more often.
did you get to see Candice?