My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy 7th Birthday Jacob!

I stole this picture from my sister-in-law who is much more talented than I am when it comes to editing pictures. In fact, we don't even have photoshop! This came from our family blog. Thanks for the fun picture Brooke!
Jacob is really in to Pokemon these days. He wanted a Pokemon cake. I've found that if you can find things to put on the cakes, it's A LOT easier than making the picture out of frosting. I'm not quite as talented as my mom, but the kids are still happy with their cakes. For those of you who are not Pokemon experts (I wish that I didn't know as much as I do ;-) , the cake is decorated like a poke-ball which is what the Pokemon characters are kept in until they are used in a battle. Then there are 3 Pokemon on top.
This is Jacob opening his present from us. At the last minute I decided to put some Pokemon cards in. This is his reaction to the Pokemon cards. Here is his less excited reaction to the note that says he gets to choose a new bike. Maddy asked Jacob if could only have Pokemon cards or a bike, which would he choose. He couldn't decide! I guess we could have saved ourselves lots of money and just got him the $4 Pokemon cards. ;-)
Here are the kids playing with some of Jacob's new toys.
We do a friends party on the kids' even birthdays. On their odd birthdays we do a special day with the family. This year for Jacob's special day, he chose to go to a bowling alley w/ an arcade. I guess this is the bowling alley's mascot, but I really don't know who he is. They kids were still excited!
Here are couple of fun shots of the kids bowling.
Way to go Jacob!

Here is Maddy celebrating a good frame!
Bryson had a hard time carrying the ball, but he did OK. It was kind of like watching bowling in slow motion, but the ball always made it to the pins.
YAY! Way to hit the pins! Ally was a pretty good sport and stayed in the stroller watching the kids most of the time. At least she got to eat pizza and have some fruit snacks. Travis entertained the kids with a fancy bowling move for his last frame. What form!
Travis used his nick names for us on the score board. As you can see, Ace (Travis) won. Missy Lou (Maddy) came in 2nd. Crazy Jake (Jacob) came in right behind Maddy taking 3rd. B-Rice (Bryson) came in 4th and Hot Mama (Dena) pulled up the rear. It has been a really long time since I bowled, I joked that I should have bumpers too! At least I can make everyone else feel good about their scores!
Here the kids are playing ski-ball. They had a good time at the arcade and choosing prizes with the tickets they earned.
After bowling, Travis took Jacob to pick out a bike
Look'n cool in his new sunglasses!
Happy 7th Birthday Jacob! We hope that you had a great time!

6 comments:

Travis said...

I actually knocked down 4 of the final 5 pins with my "between the legs" technique. :)

Kristen said...

What a fun birthday! I loved the look on his face when he opened his present!

Mikelle said...

Happy birthday Jacob!! Isn't it so funny that the gifts that are usually the biggest hit are the least expensive!!

Mom and Dad said...

You do such a great job on cakes, Dena. And I love the new familyroom rug - is that the one that was delivered while you were gone?
Jacob's new bike is very cool!
And when I talked to him on the phone, the first gift he told me about was the Pokemon cards - he only mentioned the bike later - crazy boy.

Tara H. said...

Happy Birthday Jacob.
The cake looks great!! Simple and perfect! That's the way to go, it gets cut up and eaten anyway. So cute!!

Hillary Hall said...

I had no idea Jacob was as into Pokemon as my boys. I bought a Pokemon cake one year, because I didn't want to deal with making one. Then next year I realized that a Poke-ball would be soooo easy. I didn't put the figures on top, though. They look very cool. Happy Birthday Jacob!