My story...

Travis and I have been married since 1996. We have 4 beautiful children: Madelyn (1998), Jacob (2001), Bryson (2004), and Allyson (2007). I love being a mom and wouldn't change a thing (most of the time!).

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ally's first hair cut

Ally never got her bath on Sunday. If you are wondering why, read the relaxing Sunday post. Anyway, I was giving her a bath on Mon. morning and decided to be brave and finally trim up her hair. The underneath hair would tend to lay flat and the top layer would curl up and really emphasize the difference in length. Ally hates getting out of the tub and is sometimes already dry by the time I can coax her out. (Good thing its warm here!) I thought I'd take advantage of this and just let her play w/ her cups of water - she could pour those things back and forth all day - while I trimmed up her hair. The only draw back is that it was hard to get her to be really still for any length of time.
Here's a before picture of her long hair after I poured water on it straighten it out.
Here's what I trimmed off.
And here's the after. From the picture it looks like I may have left the edges too long. It was really hard to tell. At any rate, it looks a little more even now when it's dry and since her baby hair still curls a little in the back, you can't tell that I didn't get it exactly straight.

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Great job on Ally's hair. I really need to trim Evie's hair too. It's really uneven at the bottom plus her hair is getting long too.

Evie is just like Ally...loves baths and doesn't want to come out. She can stay there for hours if we let her. We threaten her with the shower and then she is willing to come out.

Andrea said...

I don't know.... pretty risky cutting sooo much hair off!